Disclaimer: The website links on this page are provided for informational purposes only. Providing links to these sites does not imply endorsement or approval of the content, viewpoint, accuracy, opinions, policies, products, services, or accessibility of the web pages. For more information, please view TBPG’s Link Policy. TBPG disclaims any and all liability and responsibility for third-party website content.
Continuing Education Webinar
April 17, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. – Identifying and Reducing Landslide Risk webinar, courtesy of American Geosciences Institute (AGI)
Information: In this webinar, experts in landslide characterization, mapping, and risk reduction discuss landslide impacts in the United States; landslide research and mapping at the federal, state, and local levels; funding mechanisms for landslide mapping; and strategies for engaging communities in landslide risk reduction.
Providers of CE courses and programs
- AIPG Geosciences Online Learning Initiative – online education courses and opportunities
- AIPG-TX Section – continuing education opportunities
- American Society of Agronomy (ASA) and Soil Science Society of America (SSSA) – Online Seminar Series regarding soil science
- Association of Environmental and Engineering Geoscientists (AEG) – short courses, webinars
- HalfMoon Education Inc. – continuing education for professionals
- Houston Geological Society (HGS)- list of upcoming events
- Industry Council on the Environment (ICE) – monthly meetings that include presentations
- Midwest GeoSciences Group Education and Training – short courses, webinars for geoscientists, engineers and environmental scientists
- National Groundwater Association (NGA) – information on conferences, short courses, other training
- Northwest Environmental Training Center (NWETC)- lists upcoming courses in various states
- Petroleum Technology Transfer Council (PTTC) – upcoming regional educational opportunities
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)- continuing education opportunities, lectures, online offerings, workshops and technical sessions for geophysicists
- Soil Science Society of America (SSSA) – Educational programs
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) – Training, workshops, seminars, events
- Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) – classes on-site and online resources for education
- US EPA Courses and Conferences – upcoming courses and conferences
A minimum of one hour of Professional Ethics is required for license renewal. There are many ways to obtain hours in Professional Ethics, but here are four options:
- TBPG has an Ethics Video, accessed from the TBPG Ethics Options webpage that may be used to satisfy the ethics requirement.
- AAPG Ethics Video – Provided by the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Division of Professional Affairs.
- Another option is “education in the area of professional ethics, roles and responsibilities of Professional Geoscientists, or a review online of the Texas Geoscience Practice Act and Board Rules – TBPG Rule 851.32 (d).
These are just a few resources for continuing education activities. Many professional organizations and societies commonly contain links on their websites of upcoming continuing education opportunities, including ethics. Please check the websites for those organizations in your area. Some website links to professional organizations can be found on the Resources page of our website.
If you are aware of educational opportunities that can be listed here, please e-mail specific information, including date, title, sponsoring organization, description, and website link if available to TBPG’s Operations Manager for consideration.