Ethics Options for the Continuing Education Program
A minimum of one hour of Professional Ethics is required for renewal of a P.G. license or GIT certification. TBPG’s new Ethics Video is one option for satisfying the Ethics Requirement. Watching the video linked below will offer one hour of ethics credit on your CE Activity log.
TBPG ethics video
Please note that you must log this activity on your personal CE Activity log. At this time, there is not a quiz to complete, and no certificate of completion is offered. For additional options to earn the one hour ethics requirement, please see the list below.
Additional Options for the Ethics Requirement
There are many ways to obtain hours in Professional Ethics, but here are some other options.
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) provides some online ethics videos. Provided through the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, Division of Professional Affairs
- American Institute of Professional Geologists (AIPG) / Geosciences Online Learning Initiative offers an ethics course online
- Austin Geological Society (AGS) has an annual ethics presentation at its meeting on the last Monday evening in August.
- TBPG’s rule allows that any type of “education in the area of professional ethics, or roles and responsibilities of Professional Geoscientists” is acceptable for the CE program requirement.
- An individual may review the Texas Geoscience Practice Act and Board Rules to obtain their ethics credit, and these are available online – TBPG Rule 851.32 (d)
Please note that any CE activities you participate in must be documented in your CE activity log in case of future audit. This would include any ethics videos you watch, and any review of the Act and Board rules as well.