The ASBOG exams are held in person in Austin, Texas. The location information will be sent to you prior to the exam.
Exam candidates will need to bring the following to the examination:
- A photo I.D. is required for each candidate to enter the testing facility.
- COVID-19 Screening Protocol. Required to be signed before entering the testing facility.
Anyone entering will be required to have their temperature checked.*
- Face covering. Social distancing will be in place and everyone is required to wear a face mask,
or cloth covering, while in the building and sitting for the examination.*
- Institution Code for the college/university from which you received your geological science degree
(BA/BS, MA/MS or PhD/DSc). The Institution Code book can be found on the ASBOG website
at www.asbog.org. You will be asked to provide this information on your examination answer sheet.
- Parking permit must be displayed on the dashboard of your vehicle. This will be sent to you after you are approved for the exam and TBPG has confirmed exam payment with ASBOG.
- Please limit your personal belongings due to space restrictions in testing rooms.
*COVID-19 Exam Protocols*
TBPG will continue monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 situation, including state and local restrictions, to identify any possible impact(s) that may prohibit or alter future exam administrations. We will keep you informed of important information via email and we will post updates on our website (www.tbpg.state.tx.us) as we get closer to the scheduled examination date. To ensure compliance with COVID-19 health guidelines recommended by local health authorities the following protocols were in place for the March 19, 2021 exam:
- The use of a facial covering is required and must be worn at all times.
- Exam takers will be required to maintain 6 feet social distancing at all times.
- We encourage you to follow guidelines provided by the CDC to discourage the spread of germs, which include washing hands, coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your arm/elbow and refraining from physical contact like shaking hands.
- Your temperature will be taken with a digital forehead infrared/contactless thermometer. Individuals presenting with a fever will not be allowed to enter the facility or take the exam.
- You must submit a signed certification of the COVID-19 screening protocols before you are allowed to enter the facility.
Please note: Do not enter the facility if you have symptoms of COVID-19, a fever, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the past 14 days. Should this apply to you or you cannot take the exam due to health-related reasons, contact TBPG at 512-936-4408 as soon as possible prior to the exam day to discuss options.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at 512-936-4408 or by email at email@example.com.