Requirements for GIT Certification
- Education: Four year degree with a minimum of 30 hours of geoscience coursework.
- Examination: Passing scores on the required examination for GIT certification for a specific discipline.
- ASBOG Fundamentals of Geology exam;
- CSSE Fundamentals of Soil Science exam; or
- Texas Fundamentals of Geophysics exam.
- Fee: Certification fee of $25.
Requirements for Renewal of GIT Certification
- Submission of a GIT Renewal Application form;
- Completion of eight (8) continuing education hours; and
- Payment of $25 renewal fee.
For a listing of continuing education opportunities, please check out our CE Opportunities page. TBPG has several ethics videos you may watch to fulfill the ethics requirement. For more information about how to report continuing education and what counts as continuing education, please see the Activity Log & Guidelines (downloads as a Word document) or contact TBPG at (512) 936-4408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.